A Note From the Founder – It’s Our Birthday!!!!
by Kerry Cordy
January 19th, 2022 marks our 15th birthday in business! To celebrate the occasion, I have created several events and contests for our members to participate in.
- BADGE SALE! – All badges are only $.99 for the entire month of January!
- Curiosity Untamed Facebook Contest
- Frontier Girls Facebook Contest
- Curiosity Untamed Review Contest
- Frontier Girls Review Contest
- Photo Contest
For details, please read on!
Annual Badge Sale
All badges are 10% off through January 31!
Contests!! – Win a Free One Year Membership!
In celebration of our 15thbirthday on January 19th, I am holding several contests. For those who participate, I will draw one name from each contest’s participants and that person will win a free one year membership to Curiosity Untamed! Rules for each contest are below.
- No purchase necessary.
- All entries must be submitted by January 31, 2022 at midnight Pacific time. Winners will be drawn and announced on our Curiosity Untamed Facebook page on February 1, 2022.
- Winners will be announced via a post on the Curiosity Untamed and Frontier Girls Facebook pages. Follow our Curiosity Untamed and Frontier Girls Facebook pages to see the winner.
- A minimum of one name will be drawn for each contest. If more than 100 shares or reviews are received for a contest, an additional winner will be drawn for that contest for each additional 100 shares or reviews.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Full rules can be found at: https://curiosityuntamed.com/15th-birthday-contest-rules/
Curiosity Untamed Facebook Contest
Comment on the contest post pinned to the top of the Curiosity Untamed Facebook page. For every 100 shares the post receives, I will add one more free membership to the drawing. While sharing is not required, the more the post is shared, the better your odds of winning.
Frontier Girls Facebook Contest
Comment on the contest post pinned to the top of the Frontier Girls Facebook page. For every 100 shares the post receives, I will add one more free membership to the drawing. While sharing is not required, the more the post is shared, the better your odds of winning.
Curiosity Untamed Facebook Review Contest
Give us an honest review on Facebook. Simply go to the Curiosity Untamed page, click Reviews and post a recommendation/review.
Frontier Girls Facebook Review Contest
Give us an honest review on Facebook. Simply go to the Frontier Girls page, click Reviews and post a recommendation/review.
Submit a photo of you or your kids working on your favorite badge, participating in a community service project, or learning a life skill. The photo does not have to include people and can be of a project made or something similar as well. To enter email photos firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive one entry for each photo submitted (maximum of 10 entries per person). By entering Curiosity Untamed’s 15th Birthday Photo Contest, you hereby grant to Curiosity Untamed a non-exclusive, irrevocable, non-expiring, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, and publicly display the photographs you submit to Curiosity Untamed.
Every year we encourage members from around the country get to know each other by trading SWAPS. The SWAPS tradition originated from the Native American “Potlatch” which is a ceremonial exchange of gifts. SWAPS were introduced into Boy/Girl Scouting/Guiding as a way to introduce one Scout to another and Curiosity Untamed carries on the tradition. We hold an annual SWAPS event through the mail nationwide every year.
SWAPS are small craft items that can be pinned for display somewhere on a jacket, a backpack, a sash, or a hat and is a perfect way for kids to meet each other and promote friendship. Each SWAP item is a memory of a special event or person and stands for “Souvenir With A Purpose”. Each swap should have a safety pin on the item to attach it to your display.
If you are looking for craft ideas for your SWAP, search Pinterest or Google “SWAPS Girl Scouts” and then click on images.
To participate in our annual SWAPS event, fill out the form below and we will assign you a partner to swap with.
Rules for participating:
- Have a current membership to Curiosity Untamed. (Includes Frontier Girls and Quest Clubs memberships)
- Fill out the registration form below and submit it no later than January 31, 2022
- SWAPS partners will be assigned by February 7, 2022 via email.
- Make enough SWAPS for each member of your partner group/family to receive one
- Write a letter to include with your SWAPS introducing your group/family and explaining why the SWAP represents you.
- Ship your SWAPS no later than March 1, 2021
PLEASE do not register to participate unless you plan to follow through. Every year we have disappointed kids who make and ship SWAPS, but never receive any in return. At the end of the event I try to match up any participants who did not receive anything and give them a chance to try to SWAP with another family/group. Participation is at your own risk.
New Badges Posted
by Kerry Cordy
I never imagined when I started Frontier Girls 15 years ago, that some of my best friends would be made online. One of the things I love most about the Frontier Girls/Quest/Curiosity Untamed program is the online community that has been built over the years. If you have not yet joined one of our forums, I highly encourage it. Many of our members have been around for 10 years or more and are a wealth of support and information. Many friendships have been made via our forums and I love hearing about members from different states meeting up.
In December I was honored to be visited by Elizabeth Simmons and her family from Texas. Elizabeth was one of the very first Frontier Girls leaders and is still going strong 12 years later. Her husband Chad started one of our very first Quest Clubs. It was a joy to be able to hang out with them and their children for a few days here in Redding, CA. We hiked, went geocaching, made badges, learned a little local history and walked across the Sundial Bridge.
Over the years, many members have stopped by for a visit if they are passing through Northern California and I always love company! If you are ever in the neighborhood, give me a call and come by the office to make some badges and see a little of the behind the scenes.